Volunteers: Quad Nations 2022 - ready to smash it?
The Wheelchair Rugby Quad Nations is back for 2022, and we need your support to volunteer at the event and provide a memorable experience for the competing teams, spectators, media and guests.
Volunteers - a.k.a Smashers - are integral to the success of the Quad Nations and help to ensure all event attendees leave with a positive impression of wheelchair rugby!
- Competition Team - are you ready for the ultimate experience of being a part of the competing team? This role allows you to work closely with the athletes and their staff to make this event even better for them
- Spectator Services and Access Control - in this role you will be providing spectator information, supporting merchandising, checking tickets, ensuring access control is maintained at key internal locations
- Ceremonies - would you like to bear flags, help presenting teams on court and support medal ceremonies? That's the role for you!
- Media Management - in this role you will help managing any attending media/photographers to the event and provide them with informations needed
- Hospitality -supporting hosting of VIP Hospitality area
🎁 Included - lunch, event branded clothing and a great experience.
✅ No formal qualifications required. Being friendly and having the confidence to meet and greet new people is ideal, as is good English and lots of enthusiasm. Knowledge or experience of wheelchair rugby or other sport events desirable not essential. Let us know if you have any other skills you think would be useful for the event (e.g. speak a foreign language).
🚗 Easy to reach by public transport or by talking a short walk from Cardiff city centre through the leafy Bute Park across the river from the venue. Limited pay and display car parking is available nearby.
Overview Event Schedule:
- Tuesday 13 September: Set-up and competing teams arrival day.
- Wednesday 14 & Thursday 15 September: Competing teams' training.
- Friday 16 - Sunday 18 September: Competition.
Head here to get involved: https://volunteer.gbwr.org.uk/volunteers/opportunity/10190828